GUYS! Do you hear me??? BREAKFAST PASTA!!
I have always preferred savory breakfast over sweet. Too much sugar in the morning usually leaves me feeling nauseous for the better half of the day, and I find savory meals to be more satisfying. This pasta truly hit the spot, and has everything I look for in a breakfast or brunch meal. Loaded with carbs, veggies, and protein, it's filling and satisfying, and won't leave you in a food coma. When you cut into the egg, the yolk runs through the pasta and creates a rich and creamy sauce. It is diiiiivine, and you can thank me later.
Cook time: 15 minutes
• 6 oz linguini
• 1 egg, fried until the whites are cooked through but the yolk remains thick and runny
• 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 zucchini, julienned (stop peeling once you reach the soft, seedy center)
• 1/2 tbsp olive oil, plus additional for drizzling as needed
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• Sea salt and cracked black pepper
• 1 tbsp chives, chopped
Optional toppings: fresh chopped parsley, crushed red pepper flakes
• Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside
• Heat olive oil in a stainless steel or nonstick skillet. Once hot, add zucchini and toss. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until "al dente" (meaning they should heat through and soften, but still have a slight bite to them). Add tomatoes and cook for 1 more minute.
• Stir in the pasta, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat and stir in the chives and parsley.
• Drizzle with olive oil, top with the fried egg, and serve hot!
Hi! I'm Shantal.