Is there anything in the damn world better than making something that takes no effort or skill and tastes like the angels from heaven above hand crafted a decadent dessert for you and you only? No, there’s not. Please make these. These are SOOOOOO good. This is for your own benefit. I feel like dates get a really bad rap, which I don’t approve of, but I truly think this dessert will change your mind(/life). These are peanut butter filled and chocolate covered. In this context, the dates take on this caramel quality that make these so rich and decadent and delicious. I made these with a friend and we both screamed after the first bite.
• About 1 lb of large medjool dates (pitted)
• 3 oz dark chocolate (the darker the better)
• 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
Coarse sea salt
About 1/3 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
• Stuff each date with a heaping teaspoon of nut butter. Place in fridge to set.
• Add a shallow amount of water to small sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Stack a glass bowl snugly on top of the pot, and add chocolate to the bowl. Stir chocolate as it begins to melt.
Note: make sure the water does not touch the base of your bowl. this will make the chocolate seize up.
Note: you could also melt your chocolate in the microwave, but that's less crafty and fun. with this option, microwave for 30 seconds, then stir, then microwave for another 30 seconds and stir.
• Dip dates in melted chocolate, and thoroughly coat all sides.
• Lick chocolate off fingers
• Garnish with nuts and salt. I made a few different combos highlighted in the photo above.
• Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set
Hi! I'm Shantal.