This smoothie, which is an amped up version of the tried and true PB/banana combo, is my go-to post-gym breakfast that keeps me full and glowing for hours. Because spinach is so mild, its’ flavor is easily masked, therefore making it my leafy-green smoothie addition of choice. I especially love using spinach in this smoothie, because it adds a lightness to an otherwise super creamy drink, and is also a great way to incorporate more greens into your diet. I like to use maca not only for its subtle malt-like taste (I’m Puerto Rican… I loooove malta), but also for its’ amazing benefits- it’s loaded with vitamins and minerals, and helps to increase energy (…and libido. ayo!)
• 1 frozen banana
• 1/3 cup frozen or 1/2 cup raw spinach
• Almond milk (just enough to blend)
• 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
• 2 tsp maca powder
Directions (I don’t mean to question your intelligence by giving you smoothie blending instructions- I’ve just found this order of steps will give you the creamiest consistency):
• Into a blender, add banana and a bit of almond milk. Blend until creamy
• Add spinach, and a bit more almond milk (if needed). Blend until spinach is totally combined
• Add peanut butter and maca powder. Blend until smooth
Leave a Reply.
Hi! I'm Shantal.