• 2 large chicken breasts
• 6 slices bacon
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tbsp onion powder
• 1/4 tbsp paprika
• 4 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
• 3 tbsp grated parmesan
• 1 tbsp goat cheese (optional, for creaminess)
• 1 small onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Additional salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 450 degrees and fit a baking rack over a lined baking sheet.
• Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onions and cook until translucent and starting to turn golden. Turn off heat.
• Rinse chicken breasts under cold water, pat dry, and remove excess fat. Cover in saran wrap and pound until breasts are even in size, but still thick. Using a small, sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of the chicken, starting at the thickest side of the meat.
• Combine salt, pepper, and remaining seasonings in a small bowl. Rub into each side of the chicken breast.
• Combine onions and cheese, and stuff into the pockets you created. Wrap the chicken with the bacon slices, so that the ends are facing down. Place wrapped chicken onto the baking racks, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (internal temp should be 165 degrees).
• Turn broiler on low and broil each side for 2-4 minutes, or until bacon crisps up
Note: if your broiler does not have a low option, just adjust the oven rack to 8-10 inches below broiler to help avoid burning
• Serve hot and melty!
Hi! I'm Shantal.