This snack is crunchy, crispy, salty, spicy, and healthy. It’s perfect for mindless munching, and is truly a great alternative for popcorn or chips. I like the combo of the kale with the cauliflower cuz you get two different textures (soft and crispy vs crunchy and flaky) so you never get bored and can keep eating..forever...
What you’ll need:
• Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
• Curly kale (de-stemmed and cut into bite sized pieces)
• Olive oil
• Sea salt
• Cracked black pepper
• Cayenne powder
Note: 2 cups of raw kale will yield about 1 cup of kale chips, so grab a lot of kale! you’ll be glad you did.
What you’ll do:
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Spread cauliflower evenly on lined baking sheet
• Spread kale evenly on separate lined baking sheet
• Lightly drizzle cauliflower and kale with olive oil, and season to taste
• Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden brown and the kale is crisp, but not burnt.
• Remove kale from oven, turn on the broiler, and let the cauliflower sit for about 2 minutes, until edges are super crispy. Monitor closely to avoid burning.
• Add kale and cauli to a bowl and snack away! FOREVER!
Hi! I'm Shantal.